Main job purpose
- To lead and coordinate the development, implementation and execution of asset care processes within the company, driving user compliance and continuous improvement to leverage equipment, productivity, reliability and maintainability.
- Provide overall support for the implementation and execution of Asset care in order to deliver a high level of cost effective equipment reliability and asset preservation.
- Implement programs, operating standards, business processes and cost reduction initiatives within to increase reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- To coordinate the scheduling of preventative maintenance tasks for the company to ensure Site performs to their maximum capability, to minimise down time and to improve on quality.
- Responsible for the full administration function within the Engineering department (monthly reports, repairs, service schedules, machine data, etc).
- Establish and improve work methods to remain cost competitive and maintain work standards.
- To ensure staff are effectively managed and held accountable through performance and disciplinary procedures, and that staff are developed and mentored through the talent management and IDP processes to drive capability in business.
- Ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support effective decision making for the business.
- Drive safety in area of responsibility (with regards to utilities and all related equipment) and ensure 100% compliance with all safety procedures and policies.
- To continuously keep abreast of all new changes and advanced technologies within the industry and field of expertise to continuously improve efficiencies and quality to support sustainability of the business.
- Adherence to good health and safety practices and compliance with applicable health and safety regulations within immediate area, by ensuring 90% or higher is maintained on safety scores so as to minimise harm to people in the plant.
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- SAP PM Module
- PLC programming (Allen Bradley), root cause analysis
- Preventative maintenance systems
- Working knowledge of OSHACT
- Able to drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Able to share information and provide input for strategic thinking and management decision making
- Process and detail orientated
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels on the business
- Data minded
- Strong analytical ability with problem solving
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- 2 years planning experience with SAP PM Module
- 2 years leadership experience
- 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.