- Ensuring compliance of financial statements with US GAAP, IFRS and Group Accounting Policies.
- Drive continuous improvement and the simplification and standardisation of business processes and communications, by working closely with the Global Business Shared Service Centres.
- Ensure compliance with local tax and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting (SOX).
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the compliance with all policies, including meeting deadlines as set out by the Regional Controlling team.
- Provide information and advice to management to support decisions and manage risk.
- Manage and develop a highly motivated, high performing team that achieves quality results.
- Ensure compliance with APDP laws and regulations, putting in place strategies to maximize APDP benefits.
- Introduce mitigating controls in high-risk transactions/processes and prompt remediation.
EDUCATIONAL & INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCIES (THESE ARE ALL A MINIMUM REQUIREMENT)
Qualified CIMA/CTA/CA (SA) Accountant with 2 – 3 years post qualified experience.
- Financial Accounting experience in a medium to large corporation.
- Previous supervision of staff.
- PC literate, able to use SAP, Microsoft Office.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Be a self-motivated team player who can work with minimum supervision.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 3 – 6 years post qualification experience.
- Experience in managing and leading large teams.
- US GAAP, SOX knowledge and experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of local tax legislation, including transfer pricing.
- Prior exposure in the US or a US sub, would be preferable.
- Prior exposure to an SAP environment is preferable.