Control of consumable stock. The above purpose to be carried out in accordance with the General Rules of Conduct as well as applicable requirements of the Quality Management System (ISO/TS16949), the Safety, Health and Environmental Systems (ISO14001; OHSAS18001) and any Representative Appointments arising from these management systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure sufficient stock to prevent line stoppages
- Daily updating of critical spares list
- Contact with suppliers outside normal working hours for emergencies.
- Order on time to prevent stoppages.
- Liaise with supplier
- Consumable Issues
- Inventory Control
- Order on time to prevent line stoppages
- Manage critical spares
- Stock identification
- Cycle Counts
- Weekly reports
- Stock Turns
- Housekeeping and 5S
- PPE Control and issue
- Inter Dept. Liaison
- Consumable Buyer support
- Matriculation. Minimum of two years in stores/engineering environment technical acumen. Computer literacy essential.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Certain measuring may be required, mathematical ability advantageous.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and SAP.