- To prepare technically correct and accurate Financial Statements in Compliance with Group Accounting Policies, IFRS, and Local Accounting Rules and Other Applicable Laws.
Income Tax and VAT
- To prepare valid, accurate and complete Company Tax Returns in Accordance with Income Tax Act.
Treasury and Banking
- To maintain proper control over Cash Resources and Management of the Treasury Function within Group Policy and Local policy (SA Reserve Bank Rules).
- To manage the Companies’ Cash Flow, and to optimise Investment of Surplus Funds and maintain Optimum Credit Facilities.
- To implement, monitor and maintain required Internal Controls to Mitigate Financial Risks of the Company.
- Liaison with Local Insurance Brokers and Group Insurance division (C.V.D). Prepare the Annual Insurance Declaration, and Valuation of Company Assets.
- Qualified CA (SA) is a must
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing a Financial Accounting Department or team of accountants.
- Experience in dealing with SARS, Commercial Banks, External and Internal Auditors, Business Consultants, Insurance Brokers, etc.
- Proven track record in accounting systems implementation, upgrades & improvements
- Planning of Annual Audits, dealing with specific South African Revenue Service queries and tax audits.
- Project Management Manage special projects, being Finance, Corporate Governance and other related topics as and when required