The role of the HR Manager is to lead the organisation in aligning and implementing the Group’s HR policies and tools within the South African legislation and environment by providing the strategic human resources support to management in order to achieve the business plan.
The main missions of the role are:
- Lead the Human Resources team in developing and facilitating implementation of the HR Policies and best practices that comply with the Group and Legislative requirements.
- Coach and assist the management team in managing the HR practices in line with business objectives.
- Ensure efficient payroll, HR administration and remuneration and benefits processes.
- Represent the company externally in all Human Resources related activities including labour legislative forums.
- Implement Group HR policies and processes within the country, including “Employee Empowerment”, part of the Company’s Excellence System.
- Is an Employment Equity
- Manage all IR related topics at plant level, i.e. national bargaining agreements, collective agreements, code of ethics, etc.
- Ensure HR systems management, i.e. all group reporting portals.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Honours degree or equivalent qualification in HR Management or relevant field.
- Minimum 8 year experience in Human Resources as Generalist with a minimum of 5 years in Managerial level with strong administrative and time management skills.
- Proven experience as conflict mediator with excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels.
Skills and competencies:
- Established teamwork principles with outstanding business operational ethics.
- Proven understanding of implementing legislative requirements preferable in a unionised heavy industry environment.