- Responsible for aligning business and HR objectives with employees and management in designated business units.
- It provides support to business and employees and builds good employee relations to ensure effective management of personnel.
About the opportunity:
- Liaising and consulting with all levels of Management, Union and Employees on Human Resource issues.
- Handling, assisting and advising line with the disciplinary, grievance, absenteeism, incapacity and disability processes.
- Effective Liaison with Shop Stewards and the union on employee related matters.
- Coordinating and auctioning the recruitment, selection, appointment and integration of suitable candidates into the organization.
- Coordinating and processing HR Administration, including compensation and wages.
- Conducting policy workshop updates to employees and supervision.
- Preparing for and representing the Organization in various conflict resolution applications.
- Recommending, implementing and participating in job evaluation processes.
- Participating and providing information for succession planning.
- Leading or participating in inter- and cross-divisional HR related projects when required.
- Coordinating and presenting relevant training interventions.
- Assisting in the resolution of payroll queries.
- A relevant Bachelor Degree or National Diploma in Human Resources, Labour Law or Training and Development.
- Have a minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist with at least 2 years exposure within an Industrial Relations & Unionised environment.
- Have excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Be a team player and have strong independent working ability
- Possess very good conflict management, negotiation and counselling skills
- In-depth knowledge of Labour legislation
- Understanding of compensation and salary processes
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of project management