Define department targets according to local and central targets. Plan, coordinate and supervise activities of the IE-department. Define personnel objectives, assess, develop and consult direct reporting positions within the IE department. Train management potentials and specific IE knowledge in IE department and initiate IE personnel development activities in agreement with management.
- Develop strategic concepts and ideas to improve the production processes
- Develop and implement strategies and measures to streamline the complete process chain.
- Coordinate and steer the activities
- Ensure continuous improvement processes and engagement of people.
- Analyses – Analyse, evaluate and benchmark the production processes to increase added value.
- Identify fields of improvement within the process chain
- Provide IE-specific data, plant and equipment design and layout requirements
- Generate budget planning and production related analyses.
- Consult plant management regarding IE-specific concerns.
- Initiate/implement improvements in IE specific applications, e.g. work measurement, material flow etc.
Work system design
- Ensure the implementation of standards accordingly and continuous improvement of standards
- Support the design of human orientated work systems by analysing and improving human-machine interaction considering social, economic and ecological aspects.
- Define and determine changes in labour organization and layouts and their consequences in regard of wage and performance structure.
- Communication/ Learning/ Coordination/ Projects – Coordinate and communicate local IE activities to central IE.
- Ensure the exchange of IE know how within the plant and between plants.
- Manage IE tasks within projects.
- Participate in projects as work package owner, project leader or steering team member.
- Reporting/ Systems – Generate capacity reports and internal key performance indicators.
- Design, implement, maintain and administrate rates/wages evaluation systems for plants to ensure maximum productivity and to reduce production costs.
- Compile production, vacation and absence plans in cooperation with production control and production.
- Ensure data quality in all IE reports
- A minimum educational requirement of a B Tech in Industrial Engineering
- 8 years + relevant experience in a manufacturing environment in a Senior IE Manager role
- 3 – 5 years project leadership experience
- 3 – 5 years leadership experience