The role of a Maintenance Technician is to effectively and professionally maintain electrical and electronics equipment in line with all the relevant OHS standards with an objective to ensure optimum plant availability, minimum material cost per production unit and optimum utilisation of materials.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Analyzing PLC programs for the purpose of fault finding and software changes to suit the required production philosophies and requirements.
- Finding & correcting various Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic faults on machines in order to ensure production continuity.
- Assessing breakdowns and developing alternative solutions to prevent occurrences.
- Ensuring machine availability, accuracy and performance to enable continuous production within area of responsibility.
- Detecting and rectifying surface defects observed on production units that are directly linked to the output of the plant / paint equipment.
- Supporting production with new facility installations and commissioning to ensure proper functionality
Education and Experience
- National N Diploma/National Diploma in Mechatronics /Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or relevant Engineering qualification
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the Paint / Automotive Maintenance environment
Skills, Attributes & Other requirements
- Ability to analyze and correct any deviation of machine performance from the manufacture’s specifications
- Knowledge of operations, control of plant and equipment
- Proficiency in test equipment and procedure
- Detailed knowledge of plant automation (PLC& HMI systems)
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills
- Be prepared to work shifts, weekends and overtime