Minimum GR12 & a recognised Toolmaker Trade
• Minimum 5 years hands-on experience within amanufacturing environment, preferably automotive or an
• A tertiary qualification in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage (N4-N6 or ND).
• The candidate must be comfortable with interpreting technical drawings, tolerances and manufacturing of jigs, fixtures and press tooling.
• Specific knowledge of G,D & T will be an advantage.
• Self-motivated and self driven.
• Good communication skills.
• Will have a proven track record in his/her present position.
• The ability to work without constant supervision.
• Endeavour to foster and maintain good working relations with all
departments and staff.
• Ability to do fault finding on the line / problem solving skills.
• To assist manufacturing engineers with all aspects of new projects and in doing so develop the necessary skills, experience and knowledge to function with limited or no supervision.
• Formulate both medium and long-term corrective actions and immediate action plans to resolve problems effectively when such arise.
• Supervise contractor’s work, ensuring adherence to all relevant safety requirements/standards.
• Set- up of new process tooling & manufacture off- tool & PPAP samples and submit to quality division for PPAP preparation.
• Program will stay with Technician, need to ensure that tooling is maintained and breakdowns are kept toa minimum.
• Liase with relevant manufacturing engineers regarding the introduction of any improved production methods and ensure know how is transfered into existin products.
• Manufacture of prototype samples to drawing.