The successful candidate will report to the General Manager.
Main duties will, amongst other include:
- Providing leadership and mentoring to all key resources at the facility.
- Directs, manages, and optimizes the overall operations of the packing facility.
- In conjunction with management, sets policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of plant operations.
- Establish systems to collect metrics, analyse productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals.
- Drive lean and World class principals and methodologies.
- Leads the development and deployment of citrus packing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Ensures robust plant safety and security procedures and training are in place and that operations are in compliance with all required regulations and legislation.
- Leads any labour relations activities involving the plant.
- Directs plant level support functions including all procurement, engineering, materials, quality assurance and human resources to ensure alignment with overall plant operations.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations managers.
- Influence a positive culture of staff engagement at the facility.
- Relevant tertiary qualification is essential – Industrial/ Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering degree coupled with 10+ years’ management experience)
- Business qualification will be advantageous.
- Fully computer literate – MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good administrative skills
- Good knowledge of BRC, HACCP, and Global GAP accreditation requirements
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Exceptional resilience to pressure
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills