• Grade 12 as per the national senior certificate requirements (Umalusi endorsed).
• A relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Background in the citrus packing industry with minimum 5 years’ packing line experience would be an advantage.
• Good understanding of local and export quality standards.
• Computer literacy with Excel experience.
• Production and management experience would be an advantage.
• Experience in operating of electronic sizer.
• Communication skills in English and Afrikaans – Xhosa an advantage.
• Willing to work irregular and long hours unique to the citrus packing industry.
• General business acumen.
Key Performance Areas:
• Coordination of packing operations during shift.
• Ensure that marketing requirements are followed with regards to variety types, market requirements and quality.
• Adhering to quality standards in accordance to the Unifrutti Citrus Packing guide’s requirements around internal and external quality as well as packing and pallet standards.
• Resources & Cost management.
• Adhering to food safety standards.
• Increase productivity by means of continuous motivation and performance measurements