- Develops, implements and co-ordinates quality systems to prevent failures and deficiencies in products, services, and processes by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate inspectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable industry quality standards (e.g. ISO/TS 16949)
- Assists in the development of procedures to support and implement quality systems applicable to a single site
- Leads / facilitates Advance Quality Planning teams (e.g. APQP)
- 6 Sigma Green Belt (Utilizing appropriate statistical methods/techniques)
- Develops action plans for improving products, services and processes (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, Poka-Yoke)
- Ensures implementation of continuous improvement action plans
- Performs verification/validation of implemented improvements
- Performs benchmarking activities, ensuring integration of best practices throughout the organization (i.e., lessons learned)
- Enhancing supplier performance to improve the quality of incoming materials, products, and services
- Ensures that the knowledge necessary to implement quality systems is integrated throughout the organization
- Resolves customer and supplier issues
- Ensures compliance to quality systems
- Delivers training/education in the use of quality standards, tools, systems and techniques
- Applies appropriate statistical tools to analyze complex quality issues/problems
- Supports GSCM in developing supplier audit processes and establishing supplier product capability requirements (e.g. PPM levels)
- Trains other functional areas on quality policies/procedures
- Measures the effectiveness of established quality systems (e.g. COPQ, BOS, SPC, audits, performance results in customer portal – as measured by the customer)
- Performs analyses of existing data (e.g. warranty analysis, COPQ, SPC, test data)
- Ensures control and capability of processes (e.g. manufacturing, service, business)
- Ensures that the knowledge necessary to maintain quality standards is applied across the organization
- Applies appropriate technology to support measurement and control processes
- Measures supplier / plant performance to ensure the quality of incoming materials, products, and services
- Develops and manages the quality system audit process (e.g. schedules, worksheets)
- Defines quality measurements
- Trains others in advanced statistical techniques to measure and control product, service, and process capability (including train-the-trainer)
- Trains others in systemic analysis techniques
- Develops new techniques / approaches to measuring and controlling product, service, and process capability
- Designs measurement systems and tools to evaluate performance characteristics (e.g., gauges, fixtures, templates, gauging methods)
- Designs innovative applications for technology tools to measure, control, and report performance characteristics
- Trains others in the application of quality tools (e.g., 8D, 6 Sigma, Pareto analysis, Painter charts)
- Manages transition to and +application of defined best methods/ benchmarked processes
- Applies reliability data to remedy known systemic weaknesses
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Gathers relevant information systematically
- Considers a broad range of issues or factors
- Grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues
- Uses accurate logic in analyses.
- Emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services; defines standards for quality and evaluates products, processes and/or services against those standards; creates an environment that supports continuous improvement
- Interpersonal Maintains confidentiality
- Ensures only approved changes are implemented
Quality Management :
- Continually looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Business Acumen Understands business implications of decisions
- Cost Consciousness
- Continually seeking ways to cut costs
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Plans and organizes tasks to ensure satisfactory completion
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Added responsibilities may be assigned.
- National Diploma (Engineering) or equivalent, with four to six years of experience of which two to three years working with complex activities in the quality engineering field.
- Metrology experience essential (i.e. be able to operate and accurately measure using 3D Machine.
- Must have good IT knowledge and understanding and be able to conduct tasks such as programming and fault finding diagnostics.
- Have a good understanding of MSA and Gauge R&R studies.
- Strong understanding of typical fixtures/equipment design, relating to the requirements of quality standards and tolerance for such equipment is beneficial.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems, involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Competency in MS Office and MS Windows required. Code writing would be a distinct advantage.