- Perform the buying function and co-ordinate transport of NPM items and spares;
- Conduct and co-ordinate technical & commercial negotiations with vendors;
- Perform and manage supplier delivery performance;
- Negotiate commercial terms and contracts with suppliers.
- SAP – Maintain Master Data, materials and vendors;
- Resolves problems when required; Maintain pricing tables.
- Co-ordinate the delivery and logistics of local and imported NPM materials and spares;
- Expedite late deliveries and take corrective actions when required.
- Create or review contract documents with vendors;
- Co-ordinate the on-time review of existing contracts and re-negotiate extensions where needed;
- Liaise with Corporate Purchasing on global contracts.
- MRP – Budget and plan annually the NPM material requirements;
- Maintain MRP setting for materials to meet annual, monthly, weekly and daily requirements;
- Ensure that stock holding meets management requirements to reduce negative impact on cash flow;
- Prevent production losses due to material shortages.
- Global KPI reports, monthly; Local management reports, monthly;
- Daily review of exception reports from EDI systems;
- Control weekly and monthly consignment reports to suppliers;
- PIP and savings reports to be updated monthly.
- Handle all recruitment, discipline, reward and recognition, succession planning, development and retention related initiatives for subordinates with the support of HR and in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Minimum of a National Diploma in Stores and Inventory or Purchasing Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Purchasing/ Procurement Management for the automotive sector/ manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 Years management experience of a small group of employees
- Good negotiating skills