- The candidate must have passed Grade 12 (Matric)
- Formal qualification in Production / Operations management will be an advantage.
- Minimum of (5) years’ experience managing a large team in production environment.
- Managed up to a minimum of 150 people
- Proven Computer literacy – MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Able to draw reports on excel.
- Willing to work night shift / day shift and be willing to be part of the maintenance team outside the fruit-packing period.
Key areas of responsibility will amongst other include:
- Ensure that hourly and daily production and quality targets are met.
- Identify areas and reasons for poor production and address them.
- Ensuring the adherence to local and international food safety standards and requirements.
- Assurance of continuous quality control measures.
- Report any equipment failure and maintenance requirements to Engineering department.
- Record all relevant production and technical data.
- Maintain and utilize various reports as dashboards in order to measure against targets.
- Identify development areas and manage people performance.
- Pro-active planning of staff, stock and other resources with internal departments.
- Effective control of all employee relations, disciplinary, grievance and absenteeism related matters.
- Present daily production progress and planning reports at Management meetings.